[Nitro] The future of Nitro, Og and Raw

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:58:50 EDT 2008

Dan North wrote:
> Hi Chris.
> I'm probably the last guy in the room - I promised to switch off the lights
> :)
> Have you seen ramaze <http://ramaze.net>? It seems inspired by the same
> values as nitro, and there is a lot of energy behind it at the moment. I
> would check with trans and george whether your time might be better spent
> helping out with ramaze (which already considers og a first class ORM along
> with sequel, datamapper and activerecord).

While Ramaze is clearly based off ideas in Nitro (if not Nitro itself),
I don't think it has quite the same approach to pipelining
transformations and filtering.

It would be well worth looking at the essential differences between
Ramaze and Nitro and considering if effort is better spent in adding
Nitro aspects to Ramaze (either directly or as some sort of plugin).

If that's not feasible, then having Nitro spring back to life would be
quite cool.

> Just a thought, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who wanted to see a life
> after rails :)

There's always been life before, during, and after Rails.  Ruby has had
interesting Web development almost all along.  It just rarely got the
attention it deserved.

James Britt

www.happycamperstudios.com   - Wicked Cool Coding