[Nitro] Og NameError

Matthew B Gardner weather at speakeasy.net
Sat Jan 5 01:19:38 EST 2008

Hello --

> Thanks for the reply -- I fixed the issue there and then another that
> popped up in sql.rb as well. However, more problems arose once I got my
> application running -- searching for data in a table was giving incorrect
> results and saving an object was trying to save it to its parent's table.
> Also, the parent table had fields which it shouldn't have...fields declared
> only in another child (not the same child that I encountered the saving
> problem with). Are these problems related to the pending patch?

I'm still encountering the above issues, although I'm also dealing with more
issues now. I deleted my tables to see if Og just needed to rebuild
them...that didn't work and actually created more problems. RootObject is a
parent of Account, but RootObject is adding and deleting Account's columns
and an Account table isn't being created at all. Character is also a child of
RootObject and RootObject is taking two of the columns in Character as its
own. Here's a printout -- none of the columns printed should be part of
RootObject:

INFO: Created table `ogrootobject`.
 INFO: Adding field 'its_id' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'its_update' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'bts_id' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'bts_update' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'logins' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'type' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'password' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'created_host' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'last_host' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'color' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'hints' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'linemode' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'compact' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'pagebreak' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'pagebreak' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'logins' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'created_host' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'compact' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'type' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'its_id' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'last_host' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'its_update' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'hints' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'password' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'bts_id' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'linemode' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'color' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Removing field 'bts_update' from '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'aliases' to '`ogrootobject`'
 INFO: Adding field 'account_oid' to '`ogrootobject`'

Does this point to something I should be doing that I'm not? My application is
pretty much paralyzed until I get this issue fixed, so any help is very much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt