[Nitro] First Comes Og

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:13:22 EST 2008

On Feb 27, 4:41 pm, "Jonathan Buch" <j... at oxyliquit.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I think so. I'm still trying to understand it myself. I assume it was
> > correct to just load all the .rb files within the test/ directory.
> > Since there is no spec_ prefix, or anything like that, I could only
>
> another annoyance;  one gets what one asks for.  :P

:D If it's any consolation I'll buy a beer (or preferred beverage).

> > assume this to be the case. It seems to be working for the most part --
> > with the exception of warnings about constants being reset. I will
> > keep working to improve this, and make sure it is working right Any
> > help you can offer in the way of this is appreciated.
>
> >> that only `rake test` or similar has to be done
>
> > Yes, just run "ruby task/test".
>
> jo:ogden jo:0$ ruby task/test
> ruby: No such file or directory -- task/test (LoadError)
> jo:ogden jo:1$ ls task/
> clobber rdoc    setup

Sorry. I worked on these last night and forgot to check them in. They
should be there now.

> >> and that a strict 'only patches passing all tests'-policy will be used
> >> on Ogden - then I will have a look at the failing specs.
>
> > Yes. After we get 0.50 out the door (which George has been asking me
> > do for weeks now), we will switch to a proper patch policy with
> > branches and passing tests.
>
> But of course, until there is actually a Ogden which has no failing
> tests, that point is moot.  But I like the plan.  :)
>
> > In fact, would you like to be in change of overseeing that?
>
> No, I don't see that coming yet.  As I'm wrapping up my University
> time this semester, I very much doubt I have the leasure time to
> do maintainer work.
> All I hope I can do is putting my Og knowledge to use to at least get
> it in a half stable state.

Understood. Hopefully a couple of other interested and capable
programmers will turn up once we get 0.50 out the door. I'm pretty
busy too.

T.