[Nitro] First Comes Og

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Wed Feb 27 16:41:04 EST 2008

> I think so. I'm still trying to understand it myself. I assume it was
> correct to just load all the .rb files within the test/ directory.
> Since there is no spec_ prefix, or anything like that, I could only

another annoyance;  one gets what one asks for.  :P

> assume this to be the case. It seems to be working for the most part --
> with the exception of warnings about constants being reset. I will
> keep working to improve this, and make sure it is working right Any
> help you can offer in the way of this is appreciated.
>> that only `rake test` or similar has to be done
> Yes, just run "ruby task/test".

jo:ogden jo:0$ ruby task/test
ruby: No such file or directory -- task/test (LoadError)
jo:ogden jo:1$ ls task/
clobber	rdoc	setup

>> and that a strict 'only patches passing all tests'-policy will be used
>> on Ogden - then I will have a look at the failing specs.
> Yes. After we get 0.50 out the door (which George has been asking me
> do for weeks now), we will switch to a proper patch policy with
> branches and passing tests.

But of course, until there is actually a Ogden which has no failing
tests, that point is moot.  But I like the plan.  :)

> In fact, would you like to be in change of overseeing that?

No, I don't see that coming yet.  As I'm wrapping up my University
time this semester, I very much doubt I have the leasure time to
do maintainer work.
All I hope I can do is putting my Og knowledge to use to at least get
it in a half stable state.