[Nitro] nothing like a deadline...

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:06:09 EDT 2008

Dan North wrote:
> Hi George.
> That is a real shame but I understand if you have to move on - I felt you
> really had a contender to take on rails there. I'm very grateful for all the
> effort and energy you've put into it - it's been inspiring! Naturally I'll
> be watching what you get up to next.
> Out of interest, is there another lightweight ruby web framework you would
> recommend? I'm looking at ramaze, which has nitro-inspired view "elements" (
> http://tinyurl.com/3d7dgn) and plays nice with Og and Sequel (
> http://ramaze.net/features:orms). I haven't used it or ary of the others
> (merb, mack, etc.) but from a quick scan it seems the closest in "feel" to
> nitro.

I'm a big fan of both Nitro and Ramaze; Ramaze does seem very much like
Nitro, with perhaps a greater range of pluggable options.

The #ramaze irc channel is very active, and a great place to get help.

Merb, too, is well worth looking at.  It may come down to subtleties of
opinion as to which best suits your development style.  Both have active
development and strong communities

Ramaze, however, has cooler T-shirts:

James Britt

"Discover the recipes you are using and abandon them."
  - Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt, Oblique Strategies