[Nitro] nothing like a deadline...

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 10:19:46 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 8:21 am, "Dan North" <tasta... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> So as usual I was talking up nitro as a replacement for rails, this time at
> the SPA conference earlier this year, and someone suggested I present
> something at the London SPA
> meetup<http://bcs-spa.org/cgi-bin/view/SPA/PreRegistrations>
> .
>
> So I agreed. And now I'm going to need a working nitro and og (and a nice
> walkthrough demo if someone has something like that handy).
>
> Of course I'll attribute anything I use to the appropriate people, but I
> could really do with your help! Either that or I'll have to politely decline
> the talk.
>
> I really want to get nitro out there in front of some people, and the BCS
> crowd are useful influencers to be showing things to.
>
> So, George, about that 0.50 release..? :)

Hi Dan,

According to George's blog, he has moved onto other projects.

So Nitro is in need of a new maintainer if it is to stay alive.

I have been doing some work on Og, but even so, it will take more man-
hours than I have to spare to get a new release out any time soon. And
sadly, interest has dwindled so much I'm not even sure if it is worth
it.

T.