[Nitro] Og CRUD naming of methods

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 21:11:22 EDT 2007

Hi Devs

In [./manager.rb:initialize]
@store_class.allocate.destroy_db(@options) if

and elsewhere there is this:

  alias_method :destroy, :drop_table
  alias_method :drop_schema, :drop_schema

Despite the typo (in the last alias) it seems there is confusion in
the code about whether a schema is a db or table...

Is it worth articulating following goal for Og to progress to?

To use C.R.U.D stubs to method names. so prepend:
create, read update, delete
to the following

I also think the abundance of aliases might hurt in the longer term -
it's driving me nuts.  Accepting there may be some pain to adopt these
conventions, but won't it help to have a consistent naming convention
that you don't have to scramble to the docs to check: 'Is it destroy,
drop, delete, table, tbl, schema, etc?"

my 2c after a frustrating few days :)