[Nitro] TMail in Nitro

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:19:06 EDT 2007

On Sep 26, 6:54 am, "Kirk Haines" <wyhai... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Trans <transf... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not that big of a deal.  The C portion isn't unwieldly, and there
> is a pure ruby equivalent.  I have the pure ruby variant bundled with
> IOWA, in fact, to be installed if one doesn't already have TMail on
> the system.  The advantage of the C extension based one, obviously, is
> that it is faster, but the pure ruby works, too.

Hmmm... with the coming of YARV, is the speed boost all that
important? I've set up the Rubyforge site and svn repo:

But as I said, just can't do the C thing. If it were just the bit of
code, it be one thing. But their's also build maintenance, and I just
don't know enough to be a good custodian to the project. Would you be
interested Kirk, since IOWA also uses it?

Is the IOWA TMail basically the one from Rails that Aureliano
mentions? I did not know Rails even had that.