[Nitro] TMail in Nitro

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:54:03 EDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some bad news about TMail. Turns out part of it is written in
> C. I'm not a C programmer and don't feel like becoming one. So I don't
> think I can maintain this project. Perhaps if we could convert the C
> parts to Ruby, but I don't really have the time for that. Would anyone
> else like to pursue it?

It's not that big of a deal.  The C portion isn't unwieldly, and there
is a pure ruby equivalent.  I have the pure ruby variant bundled with
IOWA, in fact, to be installed if one doesn't already have TMail on
the system.  The advantage of the C extension based one, obviously, is
that it is faster, but the pure ruby works, too.

Kirk Haines