[Nitro] RFC: Basic Points for a Better Nitro/Og

gabriele renzi rff_rff at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 22 04:11:12 EDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:49:42 +0200, Dan North wrote:

> Mercurial is very "hackable", partly because it's written in python (is
> that heresy on the nitro list?) and partly because the developers have
> designed in some very useful extension points.

 I'm working on a project in django so not for me, I like python :)

> There's an extension called record
> <http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/RecordExtension> that
> supports darcs-style cherry picking at commit time. Another called
> transplant does the same between repositories. So it's not baked in but
> it's not difficult.
>
> I'm only advocating it as a happy user - I have no other association
> with mercurial, and I was using darcs for a while myself. I just find I
> prefer mercurial for a bunch of weird intangible reasons.

thanks Dan (and Kirk and James).
I did use mercurial for like one month more than one year ago,
but from that experience I only remember that it was fast yet had
something I didn't like. I'll have to give another try sooner or later :)

--
goto 10: http://www.goto10.it
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com