[Nitro] RFC: Basic Points for a Better Nitro/Og

Dan North dan at tastapod.com
Fri Sep 21 06:49:42 EDT 2007

Mercurial is very "hackable", partly because it's written in python (is
that heresy on the nitro list?) and partly because the developers have
designed in some very useful extension points.

There's an extension called record
<http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/RecordExtension> that
supports darcs-style cherry picking at commit time. Another called
transplant does the same between repositories. So it's not baked in but
it's not difficult.

I'm only advocating it as a happy user - I have no other association
with mercurial, and I was using darcs for a while myself. I just find I
prefer mercurial for a bunch of weird intangible reasons.

Cheers,
Dan