[Nitro] Nemo svn repo

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Thu Sep 20 00:47:09 EDT 2007

Persistence?

Icelandic "minni" is the same word it was 1,000+ years ago.

If it's a *little* library, well, minni can also mean lítill
<http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/IcelOnline/IcelOnline.TEId-idx?type=entry&eid=LI1TILL&view=dict&q1=minni>
:)

Old Icelandic:

http://www.northvegr.org/zoega/h297.php

*minni*, n. (1) /memory /(hann missti minnis ok þótti nær sem
vitstolinn) leggja e-t í m., /to lay up in the mind/; reka m. til e-s,
/to call to mind/; (2) esp. in pl. /memorials /(slík m. hafa Íslendingar
Haralds konungs ok mörg önnur); settir eptir (/viz./ dauða)* *bauta-

Modern Icelandic:

^1 minni n ( -s)

1. memory, recall
hann hefur gott ~