[Nitro] testable controllers

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Wed Sep 19 04:48:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

> In retrospect, 3. is not that safe, and 1-2 are not serious flaws. So
> if more people want the return string feature back, I will bring it
> back...

I liked the return string method because:

ruby -rubygems -rnitro -e 'class C; def index; "Hello World!"; end; end; Nitro.start(C)'

I know it's not that useful when you write bigger actions, but I
still use it for small 'communication', where I return JSON from
an action or simply return 'error', 'success' as API.
For those just using the 'return string' is the most easy and
most elegant looking method.

Jo

--
Feel the love