[Nitro] testable controllers

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 03:12:44 EDT 2007

Let me try to explain the reasoning behind the deprecation of this feature:

1. actions are not supposed to generate actual output. Typically you
use templates for this stuff.  This means that there are not many
prints around. This is only useful for simple Nitro examples.

2. consider this example:

def my_action
    evaluate_a_function_that_accidentally_returns_a_string()
end

some times, you may get a string returned by accident.

3. I wanted to promote the auto-redirect_to_referrer feature (ie, if
there is no output, automatically redirect_to_referrer)

In retrospect, 3. is not that safe, and 1-2 are not serious flaws. So
if more people want the return string feature back, I will bring it
back...

regards,
George.

--