[Nitro] nitro build fails on OSX and Ubuntu with gem errors

Aidan Rogers aidan at yoyo.org
Tue Sep 18 08:44:44 EDT 2007

> He pulled down the latest darcs head (having built darcs on his macbook
> which took about 6 hours  - maybe we should consider mercurial?) and
> tried to rake test:all - it breaks all over the place. Not a good first
> impression!

Hey Dan,

If you're getting Mac users to use this, they shouldn't try to build darcs
or Haskell - just get them to grab the binaries.

Haskell (GHC): http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_641.html
Darcs: http://cbis.anu.edu.au/misc/darcs/

I've noticed no difference in having binary versus built-from-source in
terms of performance.