[Nitro] Difference between /account and /account/ ???

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Tue Sep 18 05:44:38 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the repo version of nitro. I have the following
controller in app/controller/account.rb:

class Account::Controller

   include FormHelper

   def index(*args)
     p 'in index'
     @accounts = Account.all
   end

end

where Account is a model object and the following app/template/
account/index.htmlx file:

<Page>

   <?r p @accounts ?>
   <?r accounts = @accounts ?>
   <?include href="/account/list" ?>

</Page>

and app.rb as follows:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

$DBG = true

require 'nitro_and_og';
include Nitro
require 'nitro/part/admin'

require 'app/setup' # includes all controllers and models
require 'app/skin' # defines the Page element

app = Application.new
app.dispatcher.root = Manager
app.dispatcher.root.account = Account
app.start

The problem is that when navigating to /account everything works just
fine and I get a list of my accounts. However, when using /account/
the Account::Controller#index method does not seem to be called which
results in the @accounts variable not being correctly initialized and
an error afterwards.

Any ideas why this is so? Kashia suggested on #nitro that this may be
a bug?!

Thanks for the help,
   Thomas