[Nitro] Nitro/Og default option handling behavior

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 01:20:13 EDT 2007

Hi devs,

Sorry to post yet another options related question, again this relates
to specifying Og behavior....

If there is one, what is the standard Nitro/Og default behavior where
a option hash is passed to a method that has defaults specified?

a) any custom option negates all the defaults
b) custom options update/extend the defaults
c) both a) and b)

Pseudo example illustrating the different effects:

I'd expect this would fail under a) but pass under b)

Og.manger_options = {<all my required options>}
['bd1'..'dbN'].each do |dbname|
  man<<Og.start({:name => dbname})

For what it is worth I'd be in favor of b)