[Nitro] 0.50 release

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:01:36 EDT 2007

On Sep 13, 4:27 am, "George Moschovitis"
<george.moschovi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, these features are not planned for Nitro 0.50.0, they are form my
> personal projects. I just  have to find some time to:
> - finish the new form helper  that doesn't use the glue builder
> - get rid of the glue builder
> - integrate with facets 2.0 beta
> - test that the nemo/memo  code works, if so, the remove glue/cache...
> - try to remove glue altogehter...
> - improve the release docs
> and thats it ;-)

Hmm... That seems like a lot to me. The builder stuff alone could take
a little while. I tried to do it a while back, if you recall, but
there were conflicts that I couldn't easily resolve, you were busy
with other things, so I had to give up the attempt. The Blow html
markup code also needs a little polishing.

I still think it would just be better to move whatever is left in Glue
to Nitro, Raw or Og, and we can tackle each piece bit by bit over the
next couple of releases.

The Nemo code is basically identical to what's in Glue now, so there
shouldn't be any problems there. I would have had it out by now --it
looked like Tom Copeland was just about to grant me access to the nemo
rubyforge project, but all of sudden-like, he up and vanished. I
haven't heard from him in days.

Anyhow, I really need to get Facets 2 out and about, most of my other
projects depend on it. So everything is waiting on that. I'm already
months behind my original schedule --which was already months behind
the original schedule before that ;)