[Nitro] TMail in Nitro

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:31:17 EDT 2007

On 9/12/07, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I planning on including the TMail source files in the Nitro distribution. I
> > need some advanced email handling features that I don't feel like
> > implementing from scratch. From what I see there is no gem.
> >
> > any objections and/or other ideas?
>
> I would contact Minero Aoki and ask him what the status of that
> project is. It looks like it hasn't been updated since 2004. You never
> know, Minero might suggest an alternative (have you looked for any,
> btw?). Or he might be willing to turn it over to you if you want to
> revive it. I'd be happy to set it up as a new project in that case.

AFAIK, it's no longer maintained, but is widely used.  There was one
other project, rubymail, but it's no longer worked on, either, and
tmail was better.

I personally have bundled tmail, with a pure ruby version, in IOWA for
quite a while now.  It isn't installed if tmail is already on the
system, though.

Kirk Haines