[Nitro] TMail in Nitro

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:53:21 EDT 2007

On 9/12/07, Mark Van De Vyver <mvyver at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I planning on including the TMail source files in the Nitro distribution. I
> > need some advanced email handling features that I don't feel like
> > implementing from scratch. From what I see there is no gem.
> >
> > any objections and/or other ideas?
>
> Not an objection, just an idea..... Event Machine?
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/eventmachine
>
> Email is not my use-case but it seems it may have what you need?

TMail and the SMTP server for email are for different things.

TMail is primarily used to make it easy to build email.

The SMTP protocol for EM is used to create SMTP servers.

As far as EM within Nitro/Og....

If one uses evented_mongrel or swiftiplied_mongrel with Nitro, then
Nitro is running inside an EventMachine event loop, and an other EM
stuff can then be used, as well.

Kirk Haines