[Nitro] porting from 0.41 to 0.5

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Wed Sep 12 09:26:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

> Hmm, there is a problem with the '.' in the uri parameter...
> I cant see an easy way to fix this.
>
> anyone has any idea?

can I say that I find this to be an extremely bad idea?
I think we had this discussion before, when Nitro regarded
all URLs with a dot in it as Files (instead of normal Nitro
actions).  As I said before, this is an extremely bad idea.

The way I discovered this before is with Oxywtf and Tags.

  /tag/Nitro/0.49

Which clearly should be allowed, no?  But this is quite
contrary to your current 'scheme'.

What about configuration?  "Use auto-file-type discovering"

That or a definitive list of used file types.  But, I always
fear that this would lead to inconsistencies, depending on
user input (which a URL is) is quite an icky topic to handle.

Jo