[Nitro] Og tests helper

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Tue Sep 11 06:36:04 EDT 2007

Mark Van De Vyver schreef:
> On 9/11/07, Arne Brasseur <arne at arnebrasseur.net> wrote:
>>  Mark Van De Vyver schreef:
>>  I'm not sure if it's the same cause but I see the red '0 failed'
>> results if I use the following in the test helper:
>> OG_ADAPTER = :dbi_sqlite
>> OG_ADAPTER = :sqlite
>>  You're reassigning a constant, ruby outputs a warning, probably on stderr.
> <blush>
> Apologies. I'd guessed/thought rspec might distinguish between errors
> inside 'describe' and outside
> </blush>
The thing is that our test runner launches a new ruby interpreter for
every test. It just scrapes stdout, stderr and the process' return code.
It then parses stdout to see how many tests succeeded or failed, and
checks that stderr id empty and the return code is zero. This is why
sometimes it still shows the output in red, even though it reports that
all tests succeeded.

It sort of wraps around rspec's test runner, so it can't distinguish
between inside and outside 'describe' blocks.

> mv

Arne Brasseur
arne at arnebrasseur.net