[Nitro] Fwd: [Facets] Lay me out 2.0

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Mon Sep 10 04:24:03 EDT 2007

Since it's a 'major point' release I see no big problem in breaking
backwards compatibility. Especially since it's not trivial in this case.

It would be better if the 1.8 branch could have bugfix support for a
bounded period of time, so people have time to migrate.

As George said, focus on a clean and stable API that can be used for a
long time, instead of focusing on backwards compatibility.

Alternatively there could be a separate 'adapter' gem with all the
redirects to make migrating easier.

(ab)

Arne Brasseur
http://www.arnebrasseur.net