[Nitro] silent failures...

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Sun Sep 9 17:21:41 EDT 2007

The typo in my conf/debug.rb is not a problem.

What's a problem is that:

  -- Nitro catches an exception while executing conf/debug.rb
  -- There is no printout of the exception to screen
  -- Nitro continues to execute AFTER failing in initialization!

In my case the exception is thrown before Og initialization occurs.
It's pointless and confusing to allow a program to continue running
after that... it should exit ( and print an error ) at that point.

The error occurs in my code, which is executed in
read_configuration_file() in application.rb line 200.  Whatever calls my
bad code should exit after catching the exception.

rdb:1) bt
--> #0
in 'read_configuration_file'
in 'configure'