[Nitro] Darcs patch mini Howto [was: Sporadic 'Found altered cookie' errors]

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Thu Sep 6 23:57:37 EDT 2007

George Moschovitis schreef:
> How about sending a nice Darcs patch. You will help the project and
> get your name in the CONTRIBUTORS list ;-)

And just in case you (or someone else) needs to know:

  darcs record nitro/lib/nitro/application.rb

This will record your changes as a new patch. If it's the first time you
do this, darcs will ask your name and email. Press 'y' for the hunks
that need to be in, 'n' for those that shouldn't. Give it a
comprehensive short description and your patch gets recorded.

Now you have a patch in your local repository that can be propagated to
other darcs repositories, so on your local machine you can do

  darcs push user at host:/path/to/repo

or from the remote machine

  darcs pull url://to_your_repo

Darcs will look for patches that are in the source repo but not in the
destination, and ask if you want to propagate them.

Alternatively (and perhaps recommended here) is to create a patch file
and send it in via email

  darcs send -o patch_yourname_date.patch http://repo.nitroproject.org

As with push or pull you get asked which patches to send. Afterwards you
just stick the patch file to an email and send it here.

(ab)
> thank you,
> -g.
>
> On 9/6/07, *Bill Kelly * <billk at cts.com <mailto:billk at cts.com>> wrote:
>

>     From: "Bill Kelly" < billk at cts.com <mailto:billk at cts.com>>
>     >
>     > It seems that Application#start of nitro/lib/nitro/application.rb
>     > sets: @session_store = Raw::CookieSessionStore.new
>     >
>     > So that when I do app.start, @session_store will be set to
>     > CookieSessionStore.
>     >
>     > I can modify nitro/lib/nitro/application.rb for now, but I was
>     > wondering if there's a better way that I'm missing?
>
>     N.B. I have modified Application#start in
>     nitro/lib/nitro/application.rb
>     from:
>
>         @session_store = Raw::CookieSessionStore.new
>
>     to:
>
>         @session_store ||= Raw::CookieSessionStore.new
>
>     Now I'm able to do:
>
>       app.session_store = Raw::MemorySessionStore.new
>       app.start
>

>     Regards,
>
>     Bill

> --