[Nitro] Og tests helper

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Tue Sep 4 07:20:08 EDT 2007

I found the problem, although it took some Sherlock Holmes style
investigation. Turns out the butler... uh I mean the logger did it.

What's wrong with this code?

  def info(str)
    @@global_logger << Console::ANSICode.green
    @@global_logger.info(str)
    @@global_logger << Console::ANSICode.clear
  end

  def error(str)
    @@global_logger << Console::ANSICode.red
    @@global_logger.error(str)
    @@global_logger << Console::ANSICode.clear
  end

The solution can be found in/pulled from my repo :
http://darcs.arnebrasseur.net/glycerin

(in /home/plexus/work/nitro_repo)
Running og...                    [   1 specs - all passed ]
Running og/store/sql...          [   1 specs - all passed ]
Running og/validation...         [   1 specs - all passed ]
3 examples, 0 failures

No failing examples, let's add some tests!

(ab)

George Moschovitis schreef:
> Dear devs,
>
> I have a little problem with the rspec infrastructure 'borrowed' from
> Ramaze.
>
> when I run the (few) og tests with
>
> rake test:og
>
> I get:
>
> (in /home/gmosx/code/public)
> Running og...                    [   1 specs -   0 failed ]
> Running og/store/sql...          [   1 specs -   0 failed ]
> Running og/validation...         [   1 specs - all passed ]
> -------------------------------------[ og
> ]-------------------------------------
> ExitStatus:
> #<Process::Status: pid=13203,exited(0)>
> StdOut:
> Database "test" dropped
> .
>
> Finished in 0.136994 seconds
>
> 1 example, 0 failures
>
> The problem seems to be that the system command used to drop the
> database before each test. It seems to trigger the error code in
> script/lib/wrap.rb...
>
> If you run the tests one by one they work.
>
> Michael, Jonathan, Arne, do you have any idea?
>
> -g.
>

> --
> http://www.me.gr
> http://phidz.com