[Nitro] Questions to help me evaluate Nitro

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:33:18 EDT 2007

> I noticed this.  I'll have to take your word for it for now, sounds
> like black magic to me :)

it is relatively easy to implement, nothing magic. But it is certainly nice
to have in practice.

Can I be any help with this?  I won't start working on any web apps
> until I have the tools to work BDD, so I'm happy to help get RSpec
> working.

I would suggest that you have a look at the two examples and the  tests for
the following days. Then as you get more experienced, you can help me with
the testing infrastructure.

I was hoping this might be the case, but without actually trying
> anything I had no idea.

trust me, it is quite easy.

When you say JQuery, do you mean <http://www.jquery.com/>?  If so, it

I watched some of the examples here: <http://
> docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:Live_Examples_of_jQuery>.  Can you sum up
> in a few words how JQuery replaces RJS?  It looks all client-side to
> me.  Is it possible to use JQuery when the exact data and effects are
> determined by the database?

I will post some examples over the next days.

Whatever, it looks like I will have to learn JavaScript.  Don't
> supppose you can recommend a good book?

there is a jquery book, have a look at their site.

> I don't speak any greek - could you explain what's going on in this
> pic? <http://kazani.gr/2007/09/01/okeanos_me_afro.html>

it is just a fuuny pic.

Yes it does - I'm sold :)  I have a few other things to get out of
> the way but hopefully I will be able to make a test Nitro app this
> week.  It sounds like the leap from Rails will not be that big, and
> it looks like I won't lose anything important (apart from testing for
> the time being).

that's great, if you need help just ask!