[Nitro] Nitro/OG spec convention/organization questions

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 00:58:33 EDT 2007

> My understanding is that specs _can_ be a form of documentation and a
> source of 'howto' hints for users - maybe even point them to
> convenience/performance ways of doing things (if not best practice) -

this is a great goal ;-)

> nk we should maybe consider a directory structure:
> ./spec
> ./spec/developer

This is not the directory structure currently used.  At the moment the specs
are residing in the 'test' direrectory. The
test directory closely matches the contents of the lib directory. One
example will make things cleae:

lib/og.rb
lib/og/model.rb
lib/og/model/timestamped.rb
..

and

test/og.rb
test/og/model.rb
test/og/model/timestamped.rb

Next, should spec files correspond to the file name containing the
> code they spec, or the class/module name?  If you think the file name,
> then what should be done with directory structures? Or should there be
> no such ties that bind?

see the above example.

> Related to the last issue: should file naming be <...>_spec.rb, or
> without the _spec extension?

no _spec extension.

Finally, if anyone specs an example or a benchmark should these be in
> separate directories?

examples/blog/*
->
examples/blog/test/*

dunno why you would like to test a benchmark.

-g.

--
http://www.me.gr
http://phidz.com