[Nitro] advice.rb

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 10:54:35 EDT 2007

On Sep 1, 1:42 am, "George Moschovitis" <george.moschovi... at gmail.com>
> Quick question...
> does the SVN contain everything contained in the older version of facets (
> 1.8.54) ?

Not under trunk. The old version is currently in branches/series-1.8.
Actually I need to tag that.

In trunk/, everything should be there except for what was moved to
Blow, English and Stick. I still have to create the Nemo project but
unfortunately I can't pry the damn Rubyforge project by that name from
it's dead beat owner (he's no where to be found). I'll make one last
try today, otherwise we need a new name.

> Would it make sense to start converting Nitro to use the svn
> version?

Yes. That would be good. But do it this way:

  require 'facets'

That will load ALL core code. Then you can load "more" libs as needed
(just facets/, not facets/more/). This is the preferred usage for any
application that uses a significant proportion of Facets' core
functionality --such as Nitro/Og. The idea is to have a strong core
lib that everyone can depend upon. (The new core, btw, is smaller,
more refined and much tighter than before.)

Let's keep close communications for the initial change over, it
shouldn't be too hard, but it will, no doubt, flush out some things
that need to be fixed/improved.

I'll get a beta release ready over the next few days, so once the
Nitro/Og conversion is complete others can hack on it too. SHould I
just go ahead an make the release to Rubyforge?

> What is the 'dev' directory?

Stands for "development" it's just a play/scrap code area.