[Nitro] Nitro on Apache

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Thu Oct 4 11:21:05 EDT 2007

This seems the way to go, but unfortunately mod_proxy is not an option
for me. I'm on shared hosting with little chance of changing apache's
configuration, except by .htaccess files. It seems both cgi and fcgi
adapters are simply broken because of changes to the adapter interface.
E.g. what used to be class methods are now instance methods, but that's
not all.

Would it be hard to fix them? Or just one of them? I'm not too concerned
about performance at this point, if it runs I'd be happy. If they're not
being fixed please add a big BROKEN sign or remove them altogether.

Thank you (once again)!

(ab)

George Moschovitis schreef:
> I use Apache + mod_proxy_ballancer + Mongrel.
>
> I will try to prepare a *short* tutorial.
>
> -g.
>

> On 10/3/07, *Arne Brasseur* < arne at arnebrasseur.net
> <mailto:arne at arnebrasseur.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm for the first time trying to actually deploy a Nitro app on my
>     shared hosting account. I'm trying to use FastCGI since that's what I
>     had success with using Rails. It took some tweaking of the FastCGI
>     adapter, it seems unmaintained.
>
>     I'm mainly stealing ideas from Rails here, I created a dispatch.fcgi
>     that just loads Nitro, sets the mode to :live and requires app.rb.
>     If I
>     run it gives the two green lines :
>
>     03/10 05:13:11  INFO: Og uses the Mysql store.
>     03/10 05:13:11  INFO: Starting Fastcgi server in live mode,
>     listening at
>     0.0.0.0:9000 <http://0.0.0.0:9000>
>
>     My .htaccess should be good. Now if I visit the site I get a
>     server 500
>     error. The error log mentions :
>
>     [Wed Oct 03 05:11:59 2007] [error] [client 61.225.17.58
>     <http://61.225.17.58>] FastCGI:
>     incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/home/ar
>     nebrasseur/subdomains/vocab/dispatch.fcgi"
>
>     Have other people gotten this to work? Do I have other options having
>     only limited control over the apache configuration?
>
>     Thanks for any pointers!
>
>     (ab)
>
>     --
>     Arne Brasseur