[Nitro] Nitro/Og rspec heads-up: any alternative solutions.

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:49:14 EDT 2007

Hi Devs,

Hope this 'head-up' saves someone some time.  I'd appreciate any
alternative the are better then what I cam up with.
The following is known on the rspec list and I've asked there for
suggestions - will fwd if anything useful comes up.

The essential point is that rspec describe blocks are not isolated name spaces.
Consequence: if you're going to define classes then you'll need to
choose different class names for each describe/example block, or else
the spec's will run a good chance of being contaminated.

Any other suggestions?

Example, from the code snippets below, the last describe/example block
will return two attributes for the Person class:

@attrs   # [:name, :age]

:)
module Og
describe DbiAdapter, "field_sql_for_attribute (without :sql annotation)" do
    include OgSpecExpectations

    before(:all) do
      class Person
        attr_accessor :name, String, :sql => "some text"
      end
    end

<...>
end

describe DbiAdapter, "field_sql_for_attribute (without :sql annotation)" do
    include OgSpecExpectations

    before(:all) do
      class Person
        attr_accessor :age, String