[Nitro] Nitro on Apache

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Wed Oct 3 08:52:10 EDT 2007

I'm for the first time trying to actually deploy a Nitro app on my
shared hosting account. I'm trying to use FastCGI since that's what I
had success with using Rails. It took some tweaking of the FastCGI
adapter, it seems unmaintained.

I'm mainly stealing ideas from Rails here, I created a dispatch.fcgi
that just loads Nitro, sets the mode to :live and requires app.rb. If I
run it gives the two green lines :

03/10 05:13:11  INFO: Og uses the Mysql store.
03/10 05:13:11  INFO: Starting Fastcgi server in live mode, listening at

My .htaccess should be good. Now if I visit the site I get a server 500
error. The error log mentions :

[Wed Oct 03 05:11:59 2007] [error] [client] FastCGI:
incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/home/ar

Have other people gotten this to work? Do I have other options having
only limited control over the apache configuration?

Thanks for any pointers!

Arne Brasseur
arne at arnebrasseur.net