[Nitro] RFC: Let the HTML format report 'charset=utf-8' when $KCODE='UTF8'

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Wed Oct 3 03:48:25 EDT 2007

This just occurred to me as being a very natural way of doing things.

With this patch when you set $KCODE to 'UTF8' (or 'u'), then Nitro's
HTML headers contain not just

But

Wed Oct  3 15:34:45 CST 2007  Arne Brasseur <arne at arnebrasseur.net>
  * Let the HTML format report 'charset=utf-8' when $KCODE='UTF8'.
  When I set $KCODE='UTF8', I expect all subsystems to use utf-8.
  It's POLS, it's "just standard Ruby", it's how it IMHO should be.

My documentation patch from Monday is also included.

(ab)

--
Arne Brasseur
http://www.arnebrasseur.net