[Nitro] Where to define Og relations

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Wed Oct 3 02:46:54 EDT 2007

I just found out the hard way that defining a 'belongs_to' relation at
the beginning of the model class does not work. Once any managed
attributes are defined it does works.

require "og"

class Word
  belongs_to WordList

  attr_accessor :definitions, Array
end

gives:
./app/model/word.rb:3: undefined method `belongs_to' for Word:Class
(NoMethodError)

This:

class Word
  attr_accessor :definitions, Array

  belongs_to WordList
end

works fine.

Alternatively:

class Word
  include Og::RelationDSL
  belongs_to WordList

  attr_accessor :definitions, Array
end

also works fine.

It's not clear to me if this is intended or not, has_many seems to work
fine once "og" is required. I haven't checked the other types of relations.

G, is this known/intended? If so it should be documented. Robert, you
could perhaps add this to your cheatsheets? Very nice work BTW! I'm
using them all the time now.

http://robmela.com/cheatsheets

(ab)

--