[Nitro] Tutorial PDF

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Fri Nov 30 02:06:36 EST 2007

Hi Nitro lovers,

This is the tutorial I wrote a while ago, only this time in PDF format.
There's probably stuff that is already obsolete, but since we're posting
PDF's for the "geekend" anyway ;)

The difference is that this one is generated from docbook that is
generated from a bunch of text files with some minimal markup. Docbook
is great and flexible and all of that, but hand editing is still
tedious. I tried it for about an hour and it started to get really on my

The proposal is to use such a hybrid approach for the official Nitro
docs. Targeting docbook we can get high quality docs in several output
formats, while editing in a format with the least amount of mental
overhead. It's still possible to fall back to "raw" docbook should it be

Arne Brasseur
arne at arnebrasseur.net