[Nitro] Revisiting some Og issues again: RFC

Judson Lester nyarly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:10:01 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 8:22 PM, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I'd like to do with Nitro's repo and start thinking of
> Nitro as an umbrella repo which contains a number of separate projects
> instead of a project in itself.

I understand the "one roof" idea, but I don't see it's appeal.  Why do you
want to see an "umbrella" project?  Does Facets belong inside the Nitro
tent?  If not, then why does Og?    It seems like both Nitro and Og might be
better served if they were separated, with Nitro being a sort of
first-client for Og, in terms of testing, features, etc.

...and also
> anyone on Windows would not have access to the repo (maybe not that
> big a deal, but something to be considered nonetheless).

Huh.  I'd been looking for the comparisons between Monotone and Git, and
that one is kind of huge if you aren't developing for the Linux kernel.

--
Your subnet is currently 169.254.0.0/16.  You are likely to be eaten by a
grue.