[Nitro] Easier Og store wrapping idea

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:58:35 EST 2007

Hi Devs,
Thinking out loud :)
A the moment AR users, and those with legacy db's have to 'redefine'
their db's in their Ruby scripts as Og classes - not trivial when you
don't know how Og 'expresses' things.
The link below makes me think it might be possible to instead use:

class MyOldTableName
 magic_orm_translation {}

and have the Og class 'details' returned.
Fully working out the store structures would require interrogating the
backend schema info, and here Dr Nic's MagicModels and DrySQL have
probably done much of the heavy lifting....
Obviously some implementation 'issues' will remain :)

this also makes me think about migrations and Og