[Nitro] [OG] enchant Question: klass.table or klass::OGTABLE

Judson Lester nyarly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 19:49:32 EST 2007

Looking back at that comment, I believe what I meant was that, rather than
use OGTABLE, and assign it based on the klass, instead, just use klass.table(),
and be sure that klass.table for SchemaInheritence works.  In general, it
was my thinking at the time that klass.table should be the correct way to
determine the table name, although in a perfect world, client code wouldn't
ever need to, except in unusual circumstances - like migrating out of Og, or
trying to understand the library better.

Looking at the code now, later, I can't find Og::SchemaInheritenceBase at
all.  Has STI been abandoned?

On Nov 7, 2007 12:00 AM, Mark Van De Vyver <mvyver at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
> This may be a dumb question, but which of the following is the correct
> way to access the table name of an Og managed class:
>  a) klass.table
>  b) klass::OGTABLE
> In fact just what does the following comment in
> sql.rb:SqlStore#enchant mean/relate to?
>      # FIXME: jl: Remove references to table, then remove these 5 lines
> It makes me think the above choice it's been resolved to use
> klass::OGTABLE, _but_  _only_ in Og's code. Correct?
> So internal use of klass.table is deprecated but the table attribute
> remains for user code.  Correct?
> Mark

Your subnet is currently  You are likely to be eaten by a