[Nitro] Part.require expected behaviour

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Wed Nov 28 09:14:23 EST 2007

Trans schreef:
> And actually after looking it over I get the feeling all of part.rb
> may be unnecessary. It depends of course, but is install/uninstall
> being used? Can't setup be done at require time, and finalize with
> END{} clause? Are we really tracking active parts? If so can't the
> part just issue some sort of "nitro_register" method? -- That kind of
> thing.

Well the admin part uses setup to mount controllers, my part does this
as well. For what it currently does I agree that Part.require might as
well not be there. Maybe the concept has to be rethought. For the moment
it doesn't do much more than encourage people to make little chunks of
Nitro apps, but maybe it can be more than that. How about automated
install/uninstall? Or should people just use rubygems?

(ab)

--
Arne Brasseur
http://www.arnebrasseur.net