[Nitro] Part.require expected behaviour

Arne Brasseur arne at arnebrasseur.net
Tue Nov 27 23:58:17 EST 2007

Hi devs,

Part.require("part_name") currently does a
Kernel.require("./part/part_name"). The consequence is that only parts
in the actual application directory can be loaded with Part.require. If
they're somewhere else in the load path you have to (Kernel.)require
them yourself.

This also means Part.require "admin" doesn't work, and neither will it
work for parts in gems etc.

I changed this for myself to do Kernel.require("part/part_name") and I
was going to send a patch but I just wanted to check if this is perhaps
deliberate. What's the expected behaviour of Part.require?

Arne Brasseur
arne at arnebrasseur.net