[Nitro] roll files

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 07:33:46 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 12:55 am, Arne Brasseur <a... at arnebrasseur.net> wrote:
> I noticed all the Nitro subprojects now have a
> meta/<project>-<version>.roll file which looks like YAML metadata about
> the project. Is there any code yet that uses this? What's exactly the
> plan with this?

This is for my Rolls system. It's a library manager that supports
versioning. The main thing is it allows me to use Nitro without having
to install it (any changes I make is instantly available). On the flip
side, the same metadata can be used to generate packages (with Box
utility). The system is still going through some tweaks though --I'm
working on optimizing load times, so things are still changing a bit.
When I finally "get it just right", I'll let you all know, so you can
try it out if you want (it's purely optional btw).