[Nitro] Nitro/Og cheat sheet styles/ideas/levels....

Robert Mela rob at robmela.com
Sat Nov 3 12:10:38 EDT 2007

I would first ask what is it we want to produce.  In other words:

1) What topics need to be covered
3) A list of use cases and the format that serves each

#1 would require input from George and Tom -- it would leverage their
time really well.   This could start before documentation does.

Reflexively, based on past experience, I see these three formats.  It
should be reexamined with use cases:

1) Tutorial
2) Reference ( Quick vs Complete )
3) Book

My fault as an engineer is prematurely jumping to nuts-and-bolts
"How".    This is a tangent -- but I'd love to see a design for reusable
components that each format can built itself from -- e.g., a Topic
class, with CodeExample, Synopsis, RelatedTopics.

Finally, it makes sense in all of this to see what's been done
elsewhere, and for people like me to spend more time reading through Oxy
and look at other docs we like.

Mark's suggested these, and I think Tom's suggested others (so much
going on here -- time to collate the major points on a wiki ?