[Nitro] I, Nitro

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 03:17:40 EDT 2007

On Nov 3, 2007 12:40 PM, * William <william.full.moon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi gang
>
> Personally speaking
>
> i agree there must be a [START HERE] document like and induction set.

agreed and at the risk of repeating myself ;) I think this
'introduction level information' is best done in the readme file,
which can be duplicated elsewhere, but the readme version should be
the reference point?
More extensive introductory material/howto can be refereed to.

> Secondly I prefer a cook book approach to the second level USER
> documentation.
>
> BOTH these would be backed by solid PROGRAMMER level documentation.

Agreed.  In fact since I always have the pickaxe book and the Ruby
cookbook on my desk I'd say that, for me, the best documentation
(book) would be the Ruby cookbook with the pickaxe appendices.
Is this a longer term target/structure worth setting and aiming for?
It would kill the two birds with one document/book.

HTH
Mark