[Nitro] Updated blog example

Jimmy Jazz Jimmy.Jazz at gmx.net
Thu Jun 28 13:12:57 EDT 2007

Thomas Leitner a écrit :
> On 26.06.2007, at 22:49, Arne Brasseur wrote:
>
>> George Moschovitis schreef:
>>
>>> Dear devs,
>>>
>>> I think I have fixed the WSOD problem in the blog example. Please
>>> pull
>>> and verify.
>>>
>> I did this :
>>
>> did a fresh
>> darcs get http://repo.nitroproject.org
>>
>> added
>> require "../../script/lib/glycerin"
>> to the beginning of app.rb
>>
>> in conf/debug.rb
>> switched :mysql to :sqlite
>> switched :mongrel to :webrick
>>
>> cd'ed to examples/blog and issued
>> ruby ../../nitro/bin/nitro
>>

> Yep, this also works for me. Thanks for the guide to get the example
> running! And George: Very nice job indeed!!
>
> Just one thing I want to mention: I have the following bash function
> defined in .bashrc to help execute the blog example:
>
>    function nitro-devel {
>      export RUBYOPT="-rubygems -I~/work/nitro/script/lib -rglycerin"
>      cd ~/work/nitro
>    }
>
> This allows me to do:
>
>    nitro-devel
>    cd ~/work/nitro/examples/blog
>    ruby app.rb

Hello devs,

it works for me too with the RUBYOPT variable set  but not without pain  :)

I couldn't get it work when the database (mysql) was not installed
locally. Also, mysql-ruby gem is not needed in any case. I don't know
why it complains about it.

Even if nitro is configured to connect to a remote sql server, it  will
produce and whatever you add or remove in app.rb, following the
suggestions on the mailing list:

$ ruby ../../nitro/bin/nitro
 INFO: Og uses the Mysql store.
ERROR: Ruby-Mysql bindings are not installed!
ERROR: Trying to use the pure-Ruby binding included in Og
ERROR: No such file or directory - /tmp/mysql.sock
 INFO: Starting Webrick adapter on 0.0.0.0:9000
 INFO: Press Ctrl-C to shutdown; Run with --help for options.
DEBUG: Compiling 'index' super-method
ERROR: Error while handling '/'
ERROR: undefined local variable or method `ogmanager' for Post:Class

[...]

The problem has disappeared by itself otherwise:

$ ruby ../../nitro/bin/nitro
 INFO: Og uses the Mysql store.
DEBUG: Og manageable classes: [Post, Category, Comment, Tag]
DEBUG: CREATE TABLE ogpost (`create_time` datetime, `update_time`
datetime, `access_time` datetime, `oid` CHAR(22) PRIMARY KEY, `title`
text, `body` text, `author` text, `category_oid` text)
DEBUG:  CREATE TABLE ogj_post_tag ( post_oid CHAR(22) NOT NULL, tag_oid
CHAR(22) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(post_oid, tag_oid) )
DEBUG: Join table already exists
DEBUG: SELECT * FROM ogpost LIMIT 1
DEBUG: SELECT * FROM ogpost LIMIT 1
DEBUG: CREATE TABLE ogcategory (`oid` CHAR(22) PRIMARY KEY, `title`
text, `description` text)
DEBUG: SELECT * FROM ogcategory LIMIT 1

[...]

Now, i keep hope alive to find a solution to my issue ;)

Thx,

Jj

--