[Nitro] Updated blog example

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:46:22 EDT 2007

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Dear devs,
> I think I have fixed the WSOD problem in the blog example. Please pull and
> verify.

Here's what I tried:

I deleted the files under examples/blog

I did darcs revert, which seemed to pull down the fresh blog code

I had to edit app.rb so that it would load glycerin.rb (I see this file
is now in a slightly different location)

I also added a call to require 'rubygems' right after that.

I then executed 'nitro' from the command line.  When I try to browse to
the site, though, I'm getting:

ERROR: Error while handling '/'
ERROR: undefined local variable or method `ogmanager' for Post:Class

It seems that no set-up code (in ether conf/debug.rb or conf/live.rb)
gets executed.  When I explicitly load debug.rb and invoke setup(app) in
app.rb, I get an (expected) error: MySQL is not happy.

If I change to using sqlite, I get further: mailer cannot be found.

When I add this to app.rb

   require "nitro/mailer"

I can then load the default page.

There are no posts, though, and browsing to /admin or /admin/og does not
give me anything useful.  (Nor does it ask for any admin name &
password; should it?)

I also see this in the terminal:

ERROR: undefined method `to_link' for #<Category:0xb750b290>
   (eval):32:in `index___html___view'
   (eval):31:in `each'
   (eval):31:in `index___html___view'

when I view the default blog page.