[Nitro] Plugins in Nitro

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 03:14:40 EDT 2007

Hello Thiago,

thanks for your interest in Nitro. IMHO Nitro offers a much more elegant way
for plugins. Instead of code like:

class MyClass
  acts_as_hierarchical
end

you do

class MyClass
  include Hierarchical # the ruby way
end

or

class MyClass
  is Hierarchical # alias
end

Nitro tries to follow the standard way as much as possible. If you are ready
with your extension (organized in the standard Nitro dir structure) just
package it as a gem and distribute it. Presto, you got your plugin ;-)
Bigger modules of functionality are called parts, have a look at the admin
part.

Btw, I would suggest that you have a look at the vastly updated repository
0.50.0 version.

regards,
George.

http://phidz.com