[Nitro] blog example - template rendering issues

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:28:44 EDT 2007

> so, still WSOD, and there are no 'errors' (except that weird respond to).
> George, anything special you're doing?  Are you using the `nitro`
> command, any special gems installed, are you using the same repo as we
> do, anything else you can think of which could be different?

i am using the standard nitro command. I even dropped the databased (it gets
auto populated if it doesnt exist) and it works (well, you have to add some
articles using the admin interface). I am using ubuntu.

Here are some gems that I use:

facets-1.8.54 RedCloth-3.0.4 mysql-2.7 ruby-openid-1.1.4 ruby-yadis-0
.3.4 mongrel-1.0.1 gem_plugin-0.2.2 hpricot-0.5 xml-simple-1.0.11

do you have hpricor/xml-simple installed?