[Nitro] script/ vs helper/ vs script/helper

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:11:20 EDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2:53 pm, Arne Brasseur <a... at arnebrasseur.net> wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> It's been a bit busy over here but I see Jo and G have been doing nice
> stuff, way to go!
>
> I would like to propose some more source tree layout changes, let me
> elaborate:
>
> the script/ dir currently looks like this
>
> script/repl.rb
> script/glycerin.rb
> script/helper/spec.rb
> script/helper/layout.rb
> script/helper/wrap.rb

Hmm... I would think script/lib would be a better name, since that's
what they are --reusable libraries for build scripts.

  script/lib/spec.rb
  script/lib/layout.rb
  script/lib/wrap.rb

[snip]
> Layout and wrap are used for the specs, and I can imagine other spec
> helpers appearing. So why not move layout and wrap to a spec subdir,
>
> helper/glycerin.rb
> helper/spec.rb
> helper/spec/layout.rb
> helper/spec/wrap.rb

Nothing wrong with

  script/lib/spec/layout.rb
  script/lib/spec/wrap.rb

if you really feel it necessary to have another striation. But I
wouldn't bother unless you have 3 or 4+ spec helpers.

my 2c.
T.