[Nitro] [Fwd: Re: [GENERAL] INSERT ... RETURNING in v8.2]

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Sun Jun 17 05:15:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

> of interest, cont.

yes, very much of interest!  :D

>> Holy Crud!
>> you mean to tell me I can replace:
>>
>> insert into table(string) values(('one'),('two'),('three'));
>> select idx from table where string in ('one','two','three');

But actually Og doesn't do that (because it's crap), it'd only
be very nice as it removes some complexity around the insertion.

But, being a nice ORM, Og will have to support older databases,
meaning 7.4 will still be floating around, so it'll take 10
years until we can remove that complexity.  -_-

Ah well, still, _very_ nice feature, thank you for reporting!

Jo

--
Feel the love
http://pinkjuice.com/pics/ruby.png