[Nitro] Newbie Impressions

arne at arnebrasseur.net arne at arnebrasseur.net
Wed Jun 13 04:07:17 EDT 2007

> Hey that's cool.
>
> Everytime something for "start here" gets done, the product upgrades and
> things become out of place.  Or we loose the wiki and can't update
> material
> to keep "close to -works-as-coded- descriptions"  :-D

This seems to be a problem. Many Nitro links found across the web no
longer work. I heard someone was going to set up a 'reaally cool site' for
documentation stuff, but then vanished. Apparently (if I'm not mistaken)
there used to be a Nitro wiki, wich I personally think would be fantastic.
Oxywtf is great to have, but there's something organic about wikis that
just can't be found elsewhere.

> I like the proposal -- there are sites like this that provide on-line
> document management, etc.

Do you know of any? Pointers please!

> There needs to be a documentation review process

agreed, preferably by developer(s) (hint)

> a Nitro 3-D plastic models module ...

I don't see how this is related.

So as not to reinvent the wheel I've been looking at how others organize
their docs. Django, PHP and PostgreSQL all use version controlled plain
text files. Django uses the ReST (Restructured Text) format, PHP and
postgres use DocBook.

Any other FOSS projects with superb docs that should be included in the
comparison?

(ab)